Saturday 13 July 2013

DIY Fabric Candelier


 Hey Everyone,

Its been a busy week, getting ready for the end of school term, taking care of a sick wee one and preparing for her birthday. 
But I couldn't resist quickly whipping up a fabric chandelier, I've seen them all over Pinterest and thought they looked really pretty and pretty easy!

If you have an embroidery hoop spare and some scrap fabric, you can throw one together in less than an hour!

I used my glue gun to secure strips of fabric, ribbon and lace to the inner hoop and once filled, I slotted the outer hoop on and secured it. I used left over ribbon to hang the chandelier. 

See - so easy!

We had some sun today so I took my new fabric chandelier outside for a few photos!

Don't you just love how it looks, picking up a gentle breeze?

 
 I'm going to hang it up in my room, and the girls have asked for one too, so I think a blinged up pink one may be in the cards real soon!

And it most definitely cheered up my Winter's day!

Take care
xxx
Photobucket

 

Linking Up to :

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this. I haven't seen this around Pinterest at all but I totally want to make one. It makes me wish I had a tree in my yard to hang it from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, great job can't wait to see the bling one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!! That would be great for a porch or deck for the summer... like a silent wind chime... lovely!!!
    Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie this is beautiful!! You know I love those colors! I still have some embroidery hoops and I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and whimsical, Nat! I love it! It would be so sweet in a girl's bedroom! I haven't seen this on Pinterest, yours is the first! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Nat, and yet another great use for embroidery hoops!! Great project for kids, and I love the beachy colors - pinned ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and such a great way to decorate for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I'm thinking I might have to give this idea a go - but with a small hula hoop. Thanks!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I already commented on this :o) thanks for linking up to the Tasteful Tuesday party... You are being featured today. I'd love for you to tweet, share or +1 your feature :o)
    Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave me some comment love.....