Tuesday 23 July 2013

Chocolate Fudge Dipped Cupcakes

 
It was our little Maclayne's third birthday a week and a half ago and she requested 1 friend over for her celebrations. 
So cute! Cannot believe my baby is 3!

We had cake and opened gifts as a family on her actual day. 


For her little lunch date the following week, I decided to make mini cupcakes and dip them in chocolate fudge! 

Just for something different , because yes there is such a thing as too much cake!

So...make a batch of mini cupcakes and allow them to cool a little. I used a wooden skewer to dip them into the hot fudge and roll in 100's and 1000's. 

You need to be pretty quick about it though, don't let your fudge cool too quickly or the dipping process will be too difficult.

Chocolate Fudge Recipe 
(Edmonds Cookbook)
2 Cups Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 Cup Milk
25g (0.9 ounces) Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence


Mix sugar and cocoa in a saucepan, add milk and butter. Heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and butter melted. Bring to the boil, do not stir. Let mixture boil until the soft ball stage. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Beat with a wooden spoon until thick. Pour into a buttered tin. Cut into squares when cold.
For the purposes of dipping the cupcakes - I didn't allow the fudge to cool and I didn't beat it till it was thick. When I had done the cupcakes - I finished the process and the kids had a few squares of fudge too.
 
They. Are. So. Good!!!

Try them...soon!

 xxx
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. So pretty, I absolutely love this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are really pretty oh yum I have to try these for my lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, I pinned this! They look divine AND you got fudge too! Nothing like a dual purpose dessert! I'm wanting to make these instead of Christmas cookies this year. Mac is so gorgeous and I can't believe she's 3 either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet treat for sweet Maclayne on her 3rd birthday! Pinned and sharing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! This looks delicious. A big happy birthday to your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to use a skewer to do the dipping. These are delightful!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at 'fudge'! These look wonderful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous idea! I will have to make these chocolate dipped cupcakes. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie @ thecasualcraftlete.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, yes. Just yes! I love everything about this recipe from how yummy it sounds to how incredibly cute the cupcakes look!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave me some comment love.....