Thursday 30 August 2012

Simple Decor Updates 1


Hey Everyone,

I'm still on my painted glassware obsession  adventure  and I've updated a few smaller items around the house, so today I thought I would show you....

First up, I've had this mini cut glass vase for years and years. I think my mom gave it to me. 
It wasn't a very noticeable item on my shelves so I painted it a very pale turquoise blue. The button flowers look awesome in it now, don't ya think?



This plain blue vase has been everywhere with me, single life, marriage, immigration and kids. 
Its pretty and pretty old! 
So I gave it a new lease on life by painting the inside white
I love how modern it looks now


The corner above the computer nook needed a little pop of colour. 
I really wanted to show off Gabe's great watercolour - so lime green was the solution!

This jar had bacon bits in it, I thought it was an awesome shape and it was just the right fit for the box shelf.
Simple beachy embellishments to match the other jars and it brightens up the corner of the room and highlights the painting too.



What I really love about my obsession painted glassware, is that you can always wash the paint out when you get tired of the colour or need the jars for something else!

Hope you're having a great week

Take care

xxx

Photobucket

Linking Up To 



It's Overflowing
UndertheTableandDreaming

10 comments:

  1. Love them all, but especially the cut glass vase, you've really transformed it and I love your button flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love all of these, but the green may be my favorite! The fact that you made it to highlight Gabes artwork....even more special! Love those buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danni - I may be doing a feature wall of just the kids artwork - still thinking about it tho xxx

      Delete
  3. Every single one is FABULOUS! Featuring you tomorrow! Thanks for sharing at It's Overflowing!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - thank you so much Aimee - you are so awesome xxxx

      Delete
  4. So you painted the INSIDE of the jar green, then added a coat of white over it once it was dry? They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty, I didn't add a coat of white at all - just the green paint inside the jar. xx Nat

      Delete
  5. Your jars/vases are lovely but your button flowers are what caught my fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave me some comment love.....