Monday 27 August 2012

Easy Wrap Bracelet Tutorial


 
Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Today  I'm going to show you how to make a Wrap Bracelet


There are so many of these wrap bracelets around blog world with loads of great tutorials. I have to admit that when I first saw these bracelets popping up on Pinterest I thought they would be too difficult to make. That was until I saw a tutorial from Happy Hour Projects. So simple and so easy.

Here's what you need:
Cord, cotton for sewing, a needle, beads (uniform in size) and a button. 
I also used a clipboard to secure the cord so that I could work neatly. 

I roughly measured my wrist and allowed for a bit extra. Double the length and cut the cord. At the bend in the cord (halfway mark) knot the loop for the closure, make sure that your button will fit snugly through the loop.

Here's how to sew it:

Thread the needle with a double thread and secure to the cord.
I worked from left to right in a figure 8.

Thread the first bead onto the cotton and pass under the right cord.
Loop over the right cord and thread back through the bead.
Pass under the left cord and loop over - thread the next bead on.

Again pass under the right cord. Over.
Thread back through the bead.
Under the left cord and over. Thread the next bead on.
 

Continue until you are happy with the length, then secure the end of the cotton onto the cord and cut off. Thread the button onto the cord ends and secure. I liked the end pieces sticking out but you can cut them off for a neater look.
 
  
Pretty easy right?


I love it - its by far my favourite bracelet to wear. And I get loads of compliments and "where did you buy its" when I wear it.


 I haven't had time to make more yet, but I definitely will, and I think next time I will make it longer so I can wrap it twice around my wrist.



Take care

xxx


Photobucket

Linking Up To:



It's OverflowingOneCreativeMommy.comUndertheTableandDreaming

22 comments:

  1. I love it! The colours are beautiful and it looks very expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al - this actually cost me the $2 for the beads which were on sale. I had everything else. My kind of project xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely colours and I like the metal part very much!
    It doesn't look so easy to make.
    Great job, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi natalie, i found you ... thanks for visiting my blog. your jewellery is amazing, something i have never been able to do! i loved reading all about you and have to say while i have no tat's i LOVE white, and always wear a lot of black too :o) I really look forward to following your north shore days xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Kirsty, so glad you're following too and so great to have a kiwi blogger to chat too xx Nat

      Delete
  4. That's beautiful, I'm going to have a go at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nat, That is gorgeous!! Love it the beads!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - I know, those beads were a great find at $1 a bag on sale. I got 2 bags but really I should have bought more xx

      Delete
  6. Another awesome bracelet!! I love your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Karah - I'm really enjoying creating at the moment especially now with my Etsy shop. Havin' fun xxx

      Delete
  7. I love the beads you used, and I love that you can create so many different looks with the same technique! Are you a total addict now?? I am, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those beads are so pretty. Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing at OneCreativeMommy.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of wrap bracelets, Natalie! Great tutorial! I just may try my hand at this! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to leave me some comment love.....